Our 8-hour classroom course is the most compelling program for keeping drivers safe on the road. DDC 8/6 is highly interactive, with the goal of providing drivers with practical knowledge and techniques to avoid collisions and violations. With a defensive driving self-assessment risk survey and vital content on distracted driving and other leading safety issues, this course helps drivers choose safe, responsible and lawful driving behaviors. Available in both English and Spanish, this program can be customized with local training statutes or your organization’s fleet rules and regulations. Training also can be reduced from eight hours to six hours, if your specific training needs require it. It can be tailored to address local driving and road conditions, as well as company policy. Organizations that want a driver safety course for their employees would benefit by offering DDC 8/6 to their staff of experienced licensed drivers.
What your employees will learn
• Practical knowledge and techniques to recognize potential hazards and avoid collisions and violations
• Why choosing safe, responsible and lawful driving behaviors and habits makes personal and financial sense
• How to get employees to view safety on a personal level
• How factors one can control before driving from drugs and alcohol to physical and emotional conditions affect driving
• The importance of vehicle safety inspections, covering car anatomy and maintenance musts
• The principles of vehicle dynamics and how vehicle positioning contributes to crashes • How the right attitude can help prevent collisions and poor decision-making
• How to drive defensively in unpredictable conditions
• Interpersonal activities, small group discussions and case studies
• Defensive Driver Self-Assessment Risk Survey – a one- of-its-kind resource to help participants take action against driving-related injuries and deaths
• Critical discussions on distracted driving, including the dangers of cell phone use
• Video sessions with real-life driver situations, hazard recognition re-enactments and essential “ready for the road” vehicle maintenance checkpoints
• Instructor multimedia presentation with animated graphics, traffic simulations, and embedded video to capture and hold participant interest
Our course materials provide for the highest-quality instruction and learner retention With our easy-to-use, innovative and attention-grabbing teaching materials, your instructors will pass on the proven skills your employees need to avoid violations and collisions and to choose safe and lawful driving behaviors instead.
Instructor Certification Package
Issued to Candidate Instructors at the DDC Instructor Development Course.
• Fully scripted Instructor Manual containing curriculum and facilitation methods along with compelling case studies
• 56-page Participant Course Guide with easy-to-follow layout, session objectives and learner-centered activities
• Universal certification card
• Certificate of Completion
• Teaching DDC Candidate Instructor Guide
• First year of Instructor Certification, which includes the Instructor Certification credential and a one-year subscription to Safety+Health® magazine